This online community is a place where people can come together to share ideas, thoughts, solutions and facts in an environment that is safe for everyone.
Safety and inclusivity are vital components of our online community—as such, these two components will be the foundation of our community guidelines.
Bottom line: everyone is welcome and encouraged to be themselves. Here, your individuality is valued and appreciated.
The Verge has an excellent set of community guidelines. Some of the guidelines for this community are inspired by their very own.
- Racism, sexism, ableism, transphobia, homophobia and other forms of discrimination are absolutely prohibited on this platform; everyone is welcome here. In the same accord, every commenter should respect and adhere to another commenter’s pronouns.
- These types of comments will be removed. Additionally, a violation of this rule will result in a strict ban; this is a zero tolerance policy.
- The purpose of this rule is to insure the safety of all people within our online community.
No Personal Attacks, Threats or Insults
- Calling other users insulting names is not allowed. This is a friendly environment where people should feel welcome and comfortable to share their thoughts and be themselves. If you disagree with a comment, address the argument.
- Threats in the form of violence of any kind are not permitted and are furthermore taken very seriously. Threats will result in the comment being removed and the user being permanently banned.
- Bullying, harassment and trolling fall under the ‘personal attacks’ umbrella and are also taken very seriously. These types of activities will not only get the comment removed, but will also get you permanently banned. Click on this article by the organization GCF Global to get a better understanding of what constitutes as trolling and harassment.
No Spamming, Solicitation or Advertising
- Spam in the comments–of any kind–will be removed. The purpose of this blog’s comment section is to provide interesting, helpful or insightful conversation that will benefit our online community.
- Solicitation and/or advertising in the comments is also not allowed and will result in removal of the comment.
No Explicit Content
- Comments of a sexual nature and/or NSFW content is not allowed and will be removed.
- This blog is not an appropriate place for such comments and is furthermore not valuable to our online community.
No Conspiracy Theories
- This blog will not be a breeding ground for conspiracy theories; facts are of the utmost importance here.
- Comments containing conspiracy theories will be flagged. Repeat offenders will get blocked. To get a better understanding of what constitutes as a conspiracy theory, read this article by Business Insider.
Users within this community are welcome to flag comments that go against community guidelines. I will be notified of flagged comments and will review them accordingly and remove them if applicable.
As stated above, comments that fall under these categories listed below will be removed in their entirety:
- Discrimination–including derogatory and hate speech
- Bullying and/or harassment
- Personal attacks
- Explicit, sexual and/or NSFW comments
- Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories
Banning a user is taken seriously here–I’d rather not have to ever ban someone. However, there are certain things that are absolutely not welcome here. Committing or participating in any of these categories below will result in a permanent ban with no warning.
- Discrimination–in the form of derogatory and/or hate speech.
- Personal attacks, trolling, harassment and/or bullying.
Overall, please be respectful and civil toward one another–and don’t forget to have fun! This community is meant to be a positive place for people of all walks of life to come together and share thoughts, information and ideas.
Disclaimer: All images are from Canva and are free to use. Each image has a hyperlink to its source.